Are you a fan of pesto sauce? What about eggs? How about we combine your love for both and create a stunning breakfast dish?
We present to you – Pesto Egg Breakfast Recipes! Contrary to popular belief, pesto is not pasta, it is sauce made of olive oil, basil leaves (traditionally), garlic, nuts and parmesan cheese. You can also find recipe of pesto pasta on our Food recipe blog! And, YES, pesto sauce is super healthy if you put it on a toast and eat! Combining pesto and egg lures the umami flavours of both into one dish, making it a perfect hearty breakfast.
Here we have pesto egg done two ways, each a perfect breakfast recipe, Enjoy!
1. Pesto, Mozzarella & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared pesto
- 1 thin slice fresh mozzarella cheese
- Toast English muffin. Combine egg and roasted red pepper in a small (about 8-ounce) microwave-safe ramekin or bowl.
- Cover and microwave until the egg is set about 1 minute.
- Spread pesto on 1 English muffin half, then top with cheese.
- Place the egg on the cheese.
- Top with the remaining English muffin half.
2. Egg Pesto Breakfast Wrap
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons prepared pesto sauce
- 3 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- ½ ounce marinated artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 10-inch flour tortilla
- salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the sour cream until blended and stir in the Cheddar cheese.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and cook and stir the onion and pesto sauce over medium heat until the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook and stir the egg mixture until the eggs are cooked but not dry, about 3 minutes. Remove eggs from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the turkey bacon into the skillet, and fry, flipping once, until the bacon is thoroughly cooked and starting to crisp, about 3 minutes per side.
- When the bacon is cooked, place the artichokes into the skillet to heat for about 1 minute, and remove the bacon and artichokes from the pan.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray and place the tortilla into the hot skillet. Heat the tortilla until warm and flexible and remove to a plate.
- Spoon the eggs, turkey bacon, and artichokes into the center of the tortilla, and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the bottom 2 inches of the tortilla up to enclose the filling and wrap tightly.
Now you ahev the perfect pesto eggs recipe!